Most people think the way to get rich is to get a good job. This is the primary pattern for success we hear from society:
- Get good grades in highschool so you can get into a good program at university
- Study law, medicine, finance, pharmacy…something that will earn a high salary
- Get good grades and work hard in university so you get hired by a great company
- Work hard for decades so your income increases
- Enjoy success! (nice house, car, clothes, vacations etc).
The main problem with this strategy is that you’ve entered the ‘rat race’. You get to enjoy the finer things in life, but in exchange you give DECADES of your time – working long days for ~48 weeks per year. The dream is to retire…to somehow save a big pile of money so that you can stop working when you’re old and gray and tired and bored.
Robert Kiyosaki, in his famous personal finance book Rich Dad Poor Dad, outlines a different strategy: Rather than working for money, have money work for YOU!
When you invest your money into an asset, the money grows over time. Your money EARNS you more money. Every dirham you invest into assets, becomes your employee – working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The more ’employees’ you can acquire, the faster you’ll reach financial independence.
So if you want to get rich in Morocco, you need to INVEST in ASSETS.